An act to add or amend laws regarding the age of consent.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
Section 1. SHORT TITLE
- The act may be cited as the "Age of Consent Act of 2019."
Section 2. DEFINITIONS
- "Age of Consent" shall be defined as follows: the age of which a person can legally consent to sexual activity, as defined by law.
- "Sexual Acts" shall be defined as follows: any act in a sexual nature, be it touching, oral, anal or vaginal intercourse.
Section 3. PURPOSE
- To provide a legal means to protect underage girls and boys against sexual acts before a certain age is met.
Section 4. PROPOSED LAW
- The age of consent in the state of San Andreas is: Seventeen (17). Those found to have had sexual interaction(s) with a person(s) under the above age of consent shall be charged with statutory rape, a felony.
- EXCEPTION 1 - A person MAY NOT be charged with statutory rape if there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt the victim in question lied about his or her age, such as with a fake ID or driver's license. Recordings of the victim(s) stating their age may not be used in the court of law as evidence to protect the person(s) in question from the charge of statutory rape.
- EXCEPTION 2 - A person MAY be charged with statutory rape even if the person(s) in question, including the victim, were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the action.
- EXCEPTION 3 - A person MAY consent to sex at the age of sixteen(16) if married under the court of law.