**A Letter Would be Addressed to the Senators of San Andreas**

Michael Wells

**A Letter Would be Addressed to the Senators of San Andreas**

Post by Michael Wells » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 am

To the Senators of San Andreas,
  • I am writing this letter addressed to all of the Senators of San Andreas as a concerned citizen. My name is Michael Wells and I am currently a Parking Enforcement Officer with the San Andreas County Sheriff’s Office.

The topic of concern for this letter is related to my career as a Parking Enforcement Officer. My duties involve enforcing the parking codes and laws that are stated in the Penal Code as well as various parking and traffic codes in the state. During my tenure, I have noticed several instances of parking violations that could have been as dangerous and disruptive to the communities of Red County (my primary patrol area). This has led me to assume that because of this seemingly high number of occurrences, there is undoubtedly a higher-than-normal number of vehicular accidents as a result of parking violations, both reported and unreported.

While I do believe there is no ultimate way to stop and prevent parking violations from occurring as those who wish to undermine the law will do so regardless of any measures, I think that it is possible that there are genuine, law-abiding citizens who are punished because of the parking legislation within the State. However, that does not mean the parking legislation is unjust. In my observation, there has been one common theme in some of my parking violations that I have come across: There is no signage to tell citizens where the designated restricted parking zones are in Montgomery, Palomino Creek, or any other city of Red County.

While it is, of course, up to drivers to be aware of the laws which they must follow, I think we can all agree that not every person has a law database in their heads and can remember exactly where not to park. It is also my understanding that citizens, were they informed enough, could appeal the tickets in a court due to a lack of proper signage to reflect such. I have included some links of sources to the bottom of this letter for confirmation of this statement.

It is because of this that I suggest to the Senators of San Andreas to incorporate “No Parking” signage to the designated restricted parking zones of Red County and any future street(s) that may be considered restricted parking. While this may not cut down on vehicular accidents, I think it will be a step in the right direction.

LINKS TO REFERENCE:

Signed,

Sean Manfredi

Re: **A Letter Would be Addressed to the Senators of San Andreas**

Post by Sean Manfredi » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Michael Wells wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 am
Dear Mr. Wells,

Thank you for your concerns. I have officially drafted a bill addressing each of them in depth, and I hope to see it progress through the senate without issue. If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact myself or any other state senator. Once again, thank you!