[Discussion] Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Matt Flores

[Discussion] Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores makes the opening statement.*

Good day gentlemen, the Liquor License Control Act of 2019 has technically passed two out of the three committees due to Abstain voting and by default due to the deadline. This means the Liquor License Control Act of 2019 will now move to the discussion stage.

As per the standing rules of the Senate, upon the committee’s referral of the bill back to the Senate as a whole, debate, and discussion on the bill shall commence for up to three days before the Senate as a whole. After at least one day of discussion, a piece of legislation may be called for a vote at the discretion of the President Pro Tempore, or by the President of the Senate. During the three day period, amendments may be made to the bill. Amendments proposed by any Member, and agreed to by the bill’s author or co-authors, shall be accepted automatically.

The floor is now open.

*Matt Flores slams his gavel.*

Jimmy Alexander

Re: [Discussion] Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:40 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would cough a bit before standing up and nodding at Senator Matt Flores as he'd start speaking.*

Dear Senators, as I have had opening statements in three committees and I believe that all of you heard my opening statements, I will not waste your time.

However, during my time as a guest in committees I have heard a few good proposals which I've written down and that I am ready to propose.

The Democrats and Senator Thorpe has pointed out some issues that I am willing to amend, so here is a modified version of the bill that has covered your proposals, the proposals are marked with orange. I'll be here all the time to answer all possible questions.

Once again, this is an amendment to our own bill and I'd love y'all to take a look and if possible, we can accept this new bill and vote on it.

*Senate clerk would provide each Senator with an amendment of the current bill.*
Bill No. 12
An act to amend the Act 1 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act of 2019.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. SHORT TITLE
  • This Act may be cited as the "Liquor License Control Act of 2019"
Section 2. DEFINITIONS
  • "The Department of Licensing" referring to the main department and agency tasked with issuing permits in the State of San Andreas.
  • "The San Andreas Bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control" referring to a branch of the Department of Licensing.
  • "Licensing official" referring to any employee of the Department of Licensing.
  • "Non-licensed alcohol" referring to alcoholic beverages that were not properly registered in the State of San Andreas.
  • "Home-brewing alcohol" reffering to alcoholic beverages made by an individual at its own discretion.
Section 3. PURPOSE
  • The purpose of this Act is to regulate the duties of Department of Licensing when it comes to Liquor Licensing as well to regulate the current "Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1"
  • This Act also encourages small businessmen to start their own production of home-made alcoholic beverages.
  • This Act also increases the rights of license-holders by giving them right to appeal decision of Department of Licensing and prepare all necessary documentation for inspection.
Section 4. RIGHTS & CHANGES
  • Section III. Point II. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: The liquor license is only valid for the business or individual being applied for.
  • Section III. Point VII. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: Any government official from the Department of Licensing and/or the San Andreas Bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control may conduct routine business inspections that have to be announced to the owner of the business three (3) days before conducted, to ensure the safety of the public general.
  • Section III. Point VIII. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: The Department of Licensing is required by law to disclose the reasoning behind removals, and you can appeal this choice. If your license is revoked or removed by the Department of Licensing, you must go through the license application process once again or appeal at the courts.
  • Part I. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section I.I: Home-brewing alcohol is prohibited, unless the individual is an owner of a Liquor License.
  • Part II. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section II.I. - II.V.: Business establishments and individuals...
  • Part IV. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section A and Section B: (A) Any establishment or individual that sells alcoholic beverages. (B) Any establishment or individual that offers seating to alcohol consumers.

Joshua Thorpe

Re: [Discussion] Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Post by Joshua Thorpe » Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm

*Joshua leans into his microphone.*

Very well, since no other senator wants to make any comments on your bill, Senator Alexander, I'll be moving your bill to the voting stage.

*Joshua slightly slams his gravel against the portion of the desk.*