Committee Hearing - Liquor License Control Act of 2019

John Ressler

Committee Hearing - Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Post by John Ressler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:34 pm

As of now, the Committee will be in session. I welcome the following Senators: Senator Jimmy Alexader, Senator Thomas Hensley
Senator Richard Faulkner, and myself Senator King. Today, we come forth to discuss the following bill by the name of Liquor License Control Act of 2019 that was sponsored by Jimmy Alexander. I'll be the chairman for this following bill for obvious reasons and we'll be coming to a final decision from the Committee by the end of this week. The opening words will be started by Jimmy Alexander, as he was the one to introduce the bill to the Senate.

Before we begin I should remind everyone that causing any scene will result in you be charged with Contempt of the Senate. That should serve as a reminder for everyone.

The act is as followed:
Bill No. 12
An act to amend the Act 1 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act of 2019.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. SHORT TITLE
  • This Act may be cited as the "Liquor License Control Act of 2019"
Section 2. DEFINITIONS
  • "The Department of Licensing" referring to the main department and agency tasked with issuing permits in the State of San Andreas.
  • "The San Andreas Bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control" referring to a branch of the Department of Licensing.
  • "Licensing official" referring to any employee of the Department of Licensing.
  • "Non-licensed alcohol" referring to alcoholic beverages that were not properly registered in the State of San Andreas.
  • "Home-brewing alcohol" reffering to alcoholic beverages made by an individual at its own discretion.
Section 3. PURPOSE
  • The purpose of this Act is to regulate the duties of Department of Licensing when it comes to Liquor Licensing as well to regulate the current "Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1"
  • This Act also encourages small businessmen to start their own production of home-made alcoholic beverages.
  • This Act also increases the rights of license-holders by giving them right to appeal decision of Department of Licensing and prepare all necessary documentation for inspection.
Section 4. RIGHTS & CHANGES
  • Section III. Point II. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: The liquor license is only valid for the business or individual being applied for.
  • Section III. Point VII. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: Any government official from the Department of Licensing and/or the San Andreas Bureau of Alcoholic Beverage Control may conduct routine business inspections that have to be announced to the owner of the business seven (7) days before conducted, to ensure the safety of the public general.
  • Section III. Point VIII. of Legal Declaration of Liquor License Application: The Department of Licensing is required by law to disclose the reasoning behind removals, and you can appeal this choice. If your license is revoked or removed by the Department of Licensing, you must go through the license application process once again or appeal at the court.
  • Part I. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section I.I: Home-brewing alcohol is prohibited, unless the individual is an owner of a Liquor License.
  • Part II. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section II.I. - II.V.: Business establishments and individuals...
  • Part IV. of Alcoholic Beverage Control Act 1, Section A and Section B: (A) Any establishment or individual that sells alcoholic beverages. (B) Any establishment or individual that offers seating to alcohol consumers.

We shall begin.

Jimmy Alexander

Re: Committee Hearing - Liquor License Control Act of 2019

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would slowly stand up and nod at Senator Magnus King as he'd then look at the all the Senators.*

Good evening everyone, I hope y'all have spent some valuable time with your families during this Easter break. I'll get straight to it.

After discussing this bill within the party, we have decided to propose the bill to the senate and of course, to all the committees it was assigned to. This bill proposes, I'd say, quiet a few changes to the current law of liquor licensing. And I'll be honest to all of you, this bill is not here to cause issues in between our believes or our parties, the bill is here to give small farmers and individuals an opportunity to make their own alcoholic beverage that will, of course, be controlled by the department of licensing. But it is also here to limit the government from interrupting the work of our businessmen and businesswomen.

As you can see in the current law, the department of licensing has a bit of harsh abilities to just revoke license from someone without saying a reason and the owner can not appeal the action of the DOL, which is, in the 21st century terrible. This bill will give each businessman an opportunity to improve it's service, to provide even better beverage, and of course, this bill might improve our tourism since, as most of us from the South know, it will give an opportunity for an individual to make it's own alcoholic beverage that's home-made!

I am here all day long and I am more than willing to answer your questions.

*Jimmy Alexander would nod at Senator Magnus King and at the others before sitting down.*

Scott Hansen

Post by Scott Hansen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 pm

**Thomas Hensley begins to calmly speak after he finishes his last sentence**
Thomas Hensley says: I find no issue in passinf this bill but I believe the inspection warning time should be shorter, the element of surprise would help more with catching those that are breaking the code, to be announced at least a day or two before.

Jimmy Alexander

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:13 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would nod at Senator Thomas Hensley and speaks.*

Thank you, senator Hensley, I am willing to make it three days if that'd be the only complaint when it comes to Senate Floor. I hope we have your vote in the committee for now and then we can make any other adjustments as this bill has been assigned to multiple committees.

*Jimmy Alexander would slowly take a seat.*

John Ressler

Post by John Ressler » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Magnus King pushes himself up, speaking into his mic.

With that being said, the Committee will now vote.

Yay or Nay!

Yay: If you're in favor.
Nay: If you're not.

I'll start off with the voting, which would be a Yay!