[Discussion] Haven Act of 2019

Daniel Mattis

Re: [Discussion] Haven Act of 2019

Post by Daniel Mattis » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 pm

*Mattis stands up, grinning.*

Senator Alexander, I believe that Senator Flores has fact-checked you once before and I'll do it again. State and local law enforcement agencies are sworn peace officers of San Andreas. What this means is that they can only enforce San Andreas laws and acts. If you want state and local law enforcement agencies in San Andreas to enforce federal law you can create a separate bill that will allow it.

Also, Senator Alexander, we don't pay the federal government to enforce their own laws. We're not losing any money by allowing federal agencies to do their job.

Lastly, you stated that local law enforcement agencies should, and they must be able to enforce federal law. Why is that? San Andreas has their own set of laws in which local law enforcement agencies are hired to ensure those laws are enforced. Speaking of following the rules The Federal Immigration and Nationality Act in which the federal courts have repeatedly held that the power to regulate immigration is exclusively vested in the federal government. To implement its exclusive power, the federal government has enacted and extensively amended the INA. The INA establishes a set of rules for legal immigration and naturalization, provides a system for processing and deporting illegal immigrants, and specifies civil and criminal penalties for violations. To enforce the INA, Congress created a national immigration bureaucracy—the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

It's the job of the federal government to enforce immigration law, not San Andreas.

Scott Hansen

Post by Scott Hansen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 pm

**Thomas Hensley stands up, he appears to be preparing to speak.**
**Thomas Hensley adjusts his eyeglasses right as he starts to speak.**
Thomas Hensley: I believe our main topic is not centered around allowing illegal immigrants residence, or even citizenship, all that I wish to say at the moment has been mentioned either today or during the committee hearing earlier, you have the state's law and federal immigration law, the bill clearly states that only state and local law enforcement forces are prohibited to perform arrests regarding immigration laws, but doesn't ban the whole act, as stated by other fellow senators it is of no hassle or waste of resources to request federal agencies to perform arrests regarding the matter, let's say the immigrants topic is what we're speaking on, calling them criminals and felons, Mister Alexander, is frankly unwise and wrong, what crime have they done besides what you call breach of law, hopping a border, seeking a more peaceful life or basic rights, and what do we do to them? Crushing their hopes with false claims and deportation because laws state so?. As also made mention of recently, by senators and also statistics, it's clear that if we are to compare between crimes done by immigrants and US citizens, you sure will see the high difference in ratios between em' while it's always said immigrants are the main source of misery and criminal activities in the state. I say if we have a problem, we directly face it, think of and actually find solutions, not blame immigrants who are actually a minority in the community.

Jimmy Alexander

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:00 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would sigh and let a small chuckle before speaking.*

Senator Hensley...

You said, they are not criminals just because they broke our immigration law by "jumping the border" and then you stated and I quote: " Crushing their hopes with false claims and deportation because laws state so? ".

Just because laws state so? Jesus Christ, Senator Hensley, it's the /law/. You are a Senator, you are the one who should be a role model to all our citizens when it comes to obeying a law and now you are saying, so what if it's a law...

You don't like the immigration law? Go run for federal government and announce an amendment, until then you /have/ to obey the laws of United States as well as anyone else who wants to be an American, wants to enter America or is an American.

Of course there is more crime done by Americans as there is 80% of Americans in this Country so it's a common sense, but let me address the issue of the local law departments.

According to the current law the local law departments can not enforce federal law, unfortunately, but they can not. So what is this bill actually about? Just confirming the current law?

*Jimmy Alexander would sigh and take a seat.*

Scott Hansen

Post by Scott Hansen » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Then why are you against it mister? Since the bill is of no use in your opinion.
I'm also here to share my opinion and views and I fail to believe that anyone who breaks a law is a criminal and felon, because that specific law defines him as one, you have many laws that were changed because of a single incident or person. Do not compare laws to the bible, bible's from god while laws are from us whom themsleves are also of god's creation, having them compared doesn't make a point.

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores makes a statement.*

Today marks day two of this discussion, for the ones who can't seem to read and or comprehend the purpose of the Haven Act is to limit state and local law enforcement agencies involvement in immigration enforcement and to ensure that eligible individuals are able to seek services from and engage with state agencies without regard to their immigration status.

I'm quite done with this discussion and I'm ready to move to the voting stage.

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores eyes the Senate Clerk.*

I'll like to file a motion to move to the voting stage as per the standing Senate Rules.

Daniel Mattis

Post by Daniel Mattis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:44 pm

*Mattis stands up, eyeing the Senate Clerk.*

I second that motion!

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm

It is set, the Haven Act of 2019 will now move to the voting stage.

*Matt Flores slams his gavel.*