Senate Floor [SESSION 1]

Matt Flores

Re: Floor Statments

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:41 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores speaks into the microphone.*

Senator Shore is recognized for five minutes.

Tyler Shore

Post by Tyler Shore » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 pm

I would first like to welcome and congratulate you all on being a part of the first senatorial convention in the State of San Andreas. I should go on to introduce myself, my name is Tyler C. Shore and I am the elected Democratic senatorial representative from District Two that covers the Montgomery and Hampton Barns area. I have also been chosen by my respective party to serve as Majority Leader throughout the duration of this senate.

Montgomery, home to the thousands of hard-working Americans has proven to be an area saturated with violent crimes. This area lacks overall safety and security, leaving the residents of San Andreas to feel unsafe even in their owns homes. It is for this reason that I am seeking appointment to the Standing Committee of Public Safety. Within the up and coming year, I plan to work in conjunction with not only the government entities that operate within the State of San Andreas, but also the residents in high crime areas.

I look forward to working alongside each and every single one of you to make San Andreas a safer and move productive place. I sincerely hope we can set aside our differences so that we may work together to ratify the many issues that plague our democracy.

Together let’s make history.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker, I yield.

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Thank you mister Shore for the great opening words. The floor is still open for more statements.

Jimmy Alexander

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:27 pm

*Jimmy Alexander uses the moment of silence after Tyler and stands up - clearing his throat before asking for a wrod*

Mister speaker, I'd love to ask for a word.

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Senator Alexander is recognized for five minutes.

Jimmy Alexander

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:05 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would slowly stand up and start speaking.*

Greetings my fellow senators, I am more than glad that the senate is now in session so that we can all do our bests to better the life of our hard-working Americans.

I am currently a senator of 5th Senatorial District and that is Bone County. I am also a proud Republican, but what is more important, I am a hard-working American who knows how it is to live and raise a family in the rural area like Bone County. My district is not lucky to have green arias covered with fields nor does it have the best roads to connect urban areas with trailer parks, however, it has a lot of proud Americans that are doing their bests to keep Bone County running, and that is what is important here.

Myself, and The Republican Party will put all the efforts into improving Bone County in all the aspects, from safety concerns to financing rural and local businesses.

One of my first aims will be to lawfully help those who want to open businesses in my districts so that we can put some life into it.

That is all, God bless America!

*Jimmy Alexander would nod at Matt Flores and then take a seat.*

Matt Flores

Re: Floor Statements

Post by Matt Flores » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:43 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores bops his head before speaking into the microphone.*

Thank you, Mister Alexander. Now that S.R. 001-2019 has been passed by the full Senate we will now move on to starting legislation. Each one of you has been assigned to a select committee. It's now time to get some work done, I will be closing the floor for statements for the time being. If any of you would like to submit a bill or resolution please do so.

As per the current Senate rules, any Senator may introduce a bill before the Senate as a whole. I, the Speaker shall unless otherwise provided with good cause, refer the bill to an appropriate committee. If released by the committee, the bill is put on a calendar to be voted on, debated or amended. Upon the committee’s referral of the bill back to the Senate as a whole, debate and discussion on the bill shall commence for up to THREE days before the Senate as a whole. After at least ONE day of discussion, a piece of legislation may be called for a vote at the discretion of myself, or by the President of the Senate. During the three day period, amendments may be made to the bill. Amendments proposed by any Member, and agreed to by the bill’s author or co-authors, shall be accepted automatically. This process shall be known as a friendly amendment.

Furthermore, a motion of cloture may be made by any Member during a debate. The motion of cloture shall require a vote of two-thirds of all Members participating in the debate to take effect. Upon the vote of cloture taking effect, debate shall cease and the bill shall be voted on, in its current state, immediately. A bill may be re-referred to a committee by a majority vote of all Members participating in the discussion of it. After the discussion period has closed, the Senate as a whole shall hold a vote on the bill as it stands. Upon the passage of a bill by the Senate as a whole, the bill shall be submitted to the Governor for signing into law.

Now that we got that out of the way, the Senate Floor is now open for legislation and will remain open for the remainder of this session. Good luck gentlemen.

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores sits down.*

Matt Flores

Re: Senate Floor

Post by Matt Flores » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:37 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores stand up and speaks into the microphone.*

I would like to be the first to submit a bill to the body. The Chase Act of 2019 is an act to introduce accountability for law enforcement agencies and safe road conditions during vehicle pursuits. I will assign this bill to State Bill No. 10

*The Senate Clerk passes a copy of the bill to each senator.*
S.B. 10: show
Bill No. 10
An act to introduce accountability for law enforcement agencies and safe road conditions during vehicle pursuits

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. SHORT TITLE
  • A. This Act may be cited as the "Chase Act of 2019".
Section 2. DEFINITIONS
A. For the purposes of this Act, the following definitions apply:

1. "Law enforcement agency" referring to a government agency that is responsible for the enforcement of the laws.
2. "Law enforcement officer" referring to a government employee who is responsible for the prevention, investigation, apprehension, or detention of individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws.
3. "Vehicle pursuit" refers to an active attempt by one or more members of a law enforcement agency to apprehend a suspect operating a motor vehicle while the suspect is trying to avoid capture by using high-speed driving or other evasive tactics.
4. "Forcible Felony" refers to:
  • 4.1 - (1)002. Aggravated Assault
    4.2- (1)003. Stalking
    4.3 - (1)008. Kidnapping
    4.4 - (1)009. Murder
    4.5 - (1)010. Manslaughter
    4.6 - (1)011. Death by Driving
    4.7 - (1)012. Aggravated Battery
    4.8 - (1)013. Sexual Battery
    4.9 - (1)014. Rape
    4.10 - (1)015. Robbery
    4.11 - (2)006. Grand Theft
    4.12 - (2)007. Arson
    4.13 - (4)005. Terrorism
    4.14 - (4)006. Terroristic Threats
    4.15 - (5)018. Felony Hit and Run
5. "Probable cause" refers to reasonable grounds that must usually be met before law enforcement officers can make an arrest, conduct a search, or receive a warrant.

Section 3. PURPOSE

1. The State of San Andreas is a many-issue state.
2. Vehicle pursuits of fleeing suspects present a danger to the public, law enforcement officers, and suspects involved in the pursuit.
3. It's the job of law enforcement agencies to protect the lives and property to the fullest extent possible when enforcing the law.

Section 4. INITIATION REGULATIONS

1. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the driver or occupants in the vehicle has been suspected of committing a forcible felony.
2. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the driver is suspected of driving under the influence. (SA Penal Code 5-006.)
3. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a pursuit of motorcycles unless the driver or occupants in the vehicle has been suspected of committing a forcible felony and unless the law enforcement officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the law enforcement officer or others.

Section 5. RIGHTS

1. All Law enforcement agencies in the state of San Andreas are required to follow the regulations of this bill. Failure to comply with this bill will result in an investigation from the San Andreas Department of Justice and or the San Andreas Senate Standing Committee on Public Safety Oversight.

This bill will be forwarded to the Standing Committee on Public Safety Oversight under the direction of Senator Tyler Shore. Any objections from the minority leader?

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Before S.B. 1O moves to the Standing Committee on Public Safety Oversight I'll like to make a change to the text.

*The Senate Clerk passes a copy of the updated bill to each senator.*
S.B. 10: show
Bill No. 10
An act to introduce accountability for law enforcement agencies and safe road conditions during vehicle pursuits

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF SAN ANDREAS DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

Section 1. SHORT TITLE
  • A. This Act may be cited as the "Chase Act of 2019".
Section 2. DEFINITIONS
A. For the purposes of this Act, the following definitions apply:

1. "Law enforcement agency" referring to a government agency that is responsible for the enforcement of the laws.
2. "Law enforcement officer" referring to a government employee who is responsible for the prevention, investigation, apprehension, or detention of individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against the criminal laws.
3. "Vehicle pursuit" refers to an active attempt by one or more members of a law enforcement agency to apprehend a suspect operating a motor vehicle while the suspect is trying to avoid capture by using high-speed driving or other evasive tactics.
4. "Forcible Felony" refers to:
  • 4.1 - (1)002. Aggravated Assault
    4.2- (1)003. Stalking
    4.3 - (1)008. Kidnapping
    4.4 - (1)009. Murder
    4.5 - (1)010. Manslaughter
    4.6 - (1)011. Death by Driving
    4.7 - (1)012. Aggravated Battery
    4.8 - (1)013. Sexual Battery
    4.9 - (1)014. Rape
    4.10 - (1)015. Robbery
    4.11 - (2)006. Grand Theft
    4.12 - (2)007. Arson
    4.13 - (4)005. Terrorism
    4.14 - (4)006. Terroristic Threats
    4.15 - (5)018. Felony Hit and Run
5. "Probable cause" refers to reasonable grounds that must usually be met before law enforcement officers can make an arrest, conduct a search, or receive a warrant.
6. "Street gang" refers to any organization or association of persons whose purpose is to commit one or more criminal offenses and shares a common group name, a common style of dress, and, associate together at a specific geographical place.
7. "Organized crime group" refers to self-perpetuating associations of individuals who operate, wholly or in part, by illegal means and irrespective of geography and attempting to constantly obtain power, influence, and monetary gains.

Section 3. PURPOSE

1. The State of San Andreas is a many-issue state.
2. Vehicle pursuits of fleeing suspects present a danger to the public, law enforcement officers, and suspects involved in the pursuit.
3. It's the job of law enforcement agencies to protect the lives and property to the fullest extent possible when enforcing the law.

Section 4. INITIATION REGULATIONS

1. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the driver or occupants in the vehicle has been suspected of committing a forcible felony.
2. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the driver is suspected of driving under the influence. (SA Penal Code 5-006.)
3. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a pursuit of motorcycles unless the driver or occupants in the vehicle has been suspected of committing a forcible felony and unless the law enforcement officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the law enforcement officer or others.
4. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the driver or occupants in the vehicle has been suspected of being tied to a street gang or organized crime group.
5. Law enforcement agencies are prohibited from initiating a vehicle pursuit unless the vehicle in question isn't actively displaying a state-issued licenses plate.

Section 5. RIGHTS

1. Law enforcement agencies may initiate a vehicle pursuit without a forcible felony being present until they obtain a vehicle plate, once a vehicle plate is obtained the vehicle pursuit must be terminated.
2. All Law enforcement agencies in the state of San Andreas are required to follow the regulations of this bill. Failure to comply with this bill will result in an investigation from the San Andreas Investigation Bureau, San Andreas Department of Justice, and or the San Andreas Senate Standing Committee on Public Safety Oversight.

If there are no objections, yield the Floor.

Scott Hansen

Post by Scott Hansen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:44 pm

**Thomas Hensley raises his right hand, indicating that he objects or needs to say a word**