Senate Floor [SESSION 1]

Matt Flores

Senate Floor [SESSION 1]

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores makes the opening statement for the freshman Senate.*

First and foremost, I would like to say good afternoon to each one of you in your respective positions. While I do understand that we have political differences, I want to emphasize that I will work tirelessly to maintain a working bipartisan relationship. Things can't get done if we don't set aside our petty political rivalries. Let us remember that we work for the benefit of the citizens of San Andreas.

Let the record reflect that as of the 9th of March, 2018 Senator Tyler Shore from the 2nd Senatorial District shall take the title of Majority Leader and Senator Jimmy Alexander from the 5th Senatorial District shall take the title of Minority Leader.

*Points at Majority Leader Tyler Shore and Minority Leader Jimmy Alexander.*

The will for bipartisanship must also be reciprocated from both sides of the aisle. As new freshmen senators, we have the task of setting the stage for the generations to come behind us. Let us be both productive and successful.

As the President Pro-Tempore, I will now commence the process of establishing standing committees. The current standing committees are:

Rules and Ethics
Public Safety Oversight
Judiciary and Criminal Justice
Finance and State Appropriations
Business, Professions, and Economic Development

As per the current Senate rules, the Committee on Rules and Ethics shall consist of the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, who shall be the chair of the committee, and two other Members of the Senate to be elected by the Senate. The Committee on Rules and Ethics shall appoint all other committees of the Senate and shall designate a chair for each committee. In making committee appointments, the Committee on Rules and Ethics shall give consideration to seniority, preference, and experience. However, in making committee appointments, the Committee on Rules and Ethics shall, as far as practicable, give equal representation to all parts of the state.

With that being said, I now call a vote for the Committee on Rules and Ethics which shall be myself, Senator Jimmy Alexander from the 5th Senatorial District, and Senator Tyler Shore from the 2nd Senatorial District.

Once we establish the Committee on Rules and Ethics we will appoint others to unoccupied committees. Please let the record reflect that sitting senators may be on TWO standing committees.

I now yield the floor for a simple vote, all in favor of The Standing Committee on Rules and Ethics to be myself, Senator Jimmy Alexander from the 5th Senatorial District and Senator Tyler Shore from the 2nd Senatorial District respond with "Yea". If you don't approve respond with "Nay".

The floor is only yielded for a vote, we won't be taking any opening statements at the moment. This session will continue once voting has concluded.

I yield the floor for a vote.
Last edited by Matt Flores on Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jimmy Alexander

Re: Floor Statments

Post by Jimmy Alexander » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm

*Jimmy Alexander would slowly stand up.*

Yay!

Clayton Cunningham

Post by Clayton Cunningham » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:38 pm

*Clayton Cunningham stands up.*

Yay!
Last edited by Clayton Cunningham on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Sawyer

Post by John Sawyer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:00 pm

*Adam Freeman Stands*
Yay!
SENIOR TROOPER JOHN M. SAWYER
FIELD OFFICER, MONTGOMERY POLICE HEADQUARTERS
SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE — SAFETY, SERVICE, AND SECURITY

Tyler Shore

Post by Tyler Shore » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 pm

*Tyler Shore would rise from his seat.*

Yea!
Last edited by Tyler Shore on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaos

Post by Kaos » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:59 pm

*Michael Blackburn stands up*
Yay.

John Ressler

Post by John Ressler » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 pm

*Magnus King would stand up from his seat*
Yay!

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:03 pm

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores pushes himself from his seat, adressing the Senate*

We have just acquired two-thirds of the vote to appoint Jimmy Alexander from the 5th Senatorial District, Tyler Shore from the 2nd Senatorial District, and myself to the Standing Committee on Rules and Ethics.

Let the record reflect that;
Tyler Shore from the 2nd Senatorial District voted "Yea"
Michael Blackburn from the 3rd Senatorial District voted "Yea"
Jimmy Alexander from the 5th Senatorial District voted "Yea"
Clayton Cunningham from the 7th Senatorial District voted "Yea"
Adam Freeman from the 8th Senatorial District voted "Yea"
Magnus King from the 9th Senatorial District voted "Yea"

Since the Senate has reached two-thirds vote both Thomas Hensley from the 4th Senatorial District and Daniel Mattis from the 6th Senatorial District vote will be set as “Abstain.” Note that this “Abstain” will not reflect as a negative vote.

We will now reflect on the committees' jurisdiction.

The Senate Committee on Ethics is authorized to receive and investigate allegations of improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate, violations of law, violations of the Senate code and violations of rules and regulations of the Senate; recommend disciplinary action; recommend additional Senate rules or regulations to ensure proper standards of conduct; and report violations of law to the proper federal and state authorities.

Moving on, I will now open the floor to give every member of the Senate the time to address the body. Please keep your statement to five minutes or less, also, please wait to be addressed by myself. You can start by standing and asking to address the body. I'll allow statements to happen for the remainder of the day and I will adjourn today's session and re-open once the Standing Committee on Rules and Ethics has selected candidates for standing committees. Please keep in mind that being disrespectful won't be tolerated on the Senate floor. If you are disrespectful and cause in chaos on the Senate Floor you will be removed by the Sergeant-at-Arms.

*President Pro-Tempore Matt Flores sends Edward Montregal a nod *

Edward Montregal shall be an officer of the Senate responsible for maintaining order and decorum in the Senate chamber and on its grounds, as well as ensuring the safety and security of all Members, staff, and visitors on Senate grounds.

I now open the floor for statements.

Matt Flores

Post by Matt Flores » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Note that the Senate floor is now open to give opening statements to the body. You can use this time to introduce yourself to the body and express your goals and expectations for the state senate.

Tyler Shore

Post by Tyler Shore » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:36 pm

*Tyler Shore would clear his throat prior to standing.*

Mr. Speaker, I would like to request five minutes to address the body.